Welcome to Simply Work Comp!
About this site
Simply Work Comp is a source of current news and education to advance employers’ understanding of workers’ compensation particularly as it relates to legal, claims and prevention issues arising in their workplaces. Simply Work Comp is also a collaborative forum for employers to ask questions, share insights and advance discussions. The applied benefits of useful information exchanges should be greater productivity, fewer business costs related to work injuries, and thoughtful management of their greatest asset, their employees.
Simply Work Comp is produced by SFM Mutual Insurance Co., Bloomington, Minn.
SFM is a customer-owned mutual insurance group providing workers’ compensation coverage and services to employers based in the Midwest. SFM offers workers’ compensation solutions for employers of all sizes, including claims and disability management, cost containment, legal assistance, and third-party administration. See www.sfmic.com. See also contact information.
In 2008, SFM started the SFM Foundation, a nonprofit organization that provides scholarships for students whose parents were killed or seriously injured in a workplace accident.
- Confidentiality of individual claims. Simply Work Comp is not an appropriate forum for a workers’ compensation claimant, whether a claimant of SFM or other insurer, to discuss through postings matters relating to his or her individual workers’ compensation claim. SFM reserves the right, in its sole discretion and judgment, to elect not to release such submitted postings to the site’s Comments section or to remove such postings at any time.
- Other prohibited content. No user may post any content which is libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, threatening, invasive of privacy or public rights, abusive, illegal, or would otherwise give rise to liability, encourage criminal offense or cause violation of any law. Comment authors bear sole responsibility for the content they submit. SFM takes no responsibility for any liability arising from content posted in the Comments on Simply Work Comp.
- No commercial use. As with other electronic assets and print materials produced by SFM Mutual Insurance Co., the content published on Simply Work Comp is expressly barred from any commercial use by other parties including its sale or offering its sale.
- Material is copyrighted. All SimplyWorkComp content produced by SFM Mutual Insurance Co., including SFM affiliate Lynn, Scharfenberg and Associates Inc. and SFM operational units including SFM Claims Services and SFM Loss Prevention Services, and all content available through links from Simply Work Comp to SFM website www.sfmic.com or to other SFM material sources, is protected by copyright under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries.
- Permission to reproduce content. SFM invites insurance agencies, employers, media outlets and others to reproduce, in whole or in part, content from Simply Work Comp so long as such use or reproduction is for educational, non-commercial purposes only; however, no use or reproduction of any content shall occur without obtaining prior written permission from SFM and displaying proper attribution. To inquire about obtaining written permission and instructions for proper attribution, email SFM Mutual Insurance Co.
- Hyperlinking. To inquire about hyperlinking to the Simply Work Comp site, email SFM Mutual Insurance Co.
- Postings to be in your name. Any Posting made by you shall be accompanied by your real name and associated valid email address and shall not be posted anonymously. SFM reserves the right to elect not to release for publication on the site any posting that it has reason to believe is not associated with the submitter’s real name or the submitter’s valid email address.
- Reuse of contributed content. SFM may republish, reproduce, extract from, or otherwise reuse any user-contributed Postings and Comments including questions, insights and discussions without permission or restriction of any kind and without any payment to the contributor.
- Educational nature of this site. SFM publishes content authored by legal, claims and prevention professionals to help employers stay current on work injury issues and manage the policies and practices of their workplaces. This is not intended to serve as legal advice for individual fact-specific legal cases or as a legal basis for your employment practices. For legal advice specific to your workplace, consult your employment attorney.